Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Truth Shall Set You Free

Ever since I wrote my toilet paper post, I've looked at toilet paper buying in a new light. My life has changed for the better. Okay, I'm being a little facetious here, but it's true. It's just not the same anymore.

Like today. Some toilet paper was on sale. At 21 cents per roll, it looked like a good deal. But at 481 sheets per dollar, not so great a deal. The trick is that each "double" roll had 200 sheets, meaning a regular roll would have 100 sheets -- yet a standard regular roll has 176 sheets. Big disparity there, and something most people wouldn't think about because they're still calculating on a per-roll basis. But not me. I've learned all the hidden secrets of the toilet paper companies.

Veritas vos liberabit.

No comments: